Each week, a silent conversation takes place in the literary pages of Le Monde, L’Obs and Télérama. A conversation ? Several, even: there is that of the reviews with the texts and their authors, of course, that with the readers, obviously, but also that which circulates between the newspapers. To this set of exchanges, soft or lively but always stimulating, the Word for Words festival gives an incarnation. For the third consecutive year, our associated editorial staff have drawn up the program for this festive and rich event, which will be held on June 17 and 18 at La Villette.
New for this edition: we have a sponsor. This is the writer, filmmaker and playwright (among other hats) Christophe Honoré. During a meeting, he will talk about his way “unclean”, as he says, to approach these different arts and build his work. He will also discuss with two young authors whose novels struck him: Corentin Durand and Laura Vazquez.
Three rooms at La Villette will host meetings with authors whose books, whether in literature or the social sciences, have thrilled journalists and readers. Are thus invited, in alphabetical order: Justine Augier, Mathieu Belezi, Christophe Boltanski, Gégoire Bouillier, Philippe Collin, André Comte-Sponville, Hélène Couturier, Sonia Devillers, Barbara Carlotti, Didier Eribon, Philippe Jaenada, Lola Lafon, Marie-Hélène Lafon , Marin Ledun, Laura Nsafou, Ovidie, Anthony Passeron, Michelle Perrot, Maria Pourchet, Monica Sabolo, Treize, Annette Wieviorka…
Two translated writers, to the fervent public, we will also do the honor of their visit: the British Deborah Levy and the Colombian Juan Gabriel Vasquez.
As for comics, we can count on Marguerite Abouet, Jean-Pierre Gibrat, Marc Boutavant and Diane Truc; François Duprat, Eric Giacometti and Irène Frachon will discuss the reasons why they chose this form to evoke the Mediator scandal.
International news will also be present: Ukraine and Russia will be discussed during a meeting with researcher Anna Colin Lebedev and a round table with Iegor Gran and André Markowicz. Two authors, Nasim Marashi and Aliyeh i and Aliyeh Ataei, will talk about Iran.
Literary heritage will also find its place, through the voice of actors and actors from the Comédie Française: Dominique Blanc will read Monique Wittig, Eric Genovese, Pascal, and Pierre Louis-Calixte, Colette – Colette, during which an exchange with Emmanuelle Lambert will be also consecrated.
Not to be missed either: the exchanges around good food, a dictation, and a carefully thought-out program for young people, with readings, puzzles, coloring, sticker workshops, dance and drawing workshops… Have a good festival!
THE PROGRAM OF MEETINGS
SATURDAY JUNE 17
11 a.m. – 12 p.m.:
- Meeting with Michelle Perrot
- “Our Colette” with Emmanuelle Lambert
- Meeting with Marguerite Abouet
1 p.m. – 2 p.m.:
- Meeting with Jean-Pierre Gibrat
- Meeting with André Comte-Sponville
- Meeting around screenwriters
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.:
- Meeting with Irène Frachon, Eric Giacometti and François Duprat
- Meeting with Philippe Collin
- Meeting with Christophe Honoré
4 p.m. – 5 p.m.:
- Meeting with Ovidie
- Meeting with Maria Pourchet
- Reading French Comedy: Dominique Blanc reads Monique Wittig
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.:
- Meeting with Justine Augier
- Meeting with Mathieu Belezi
- “The Revolt of Iranian Women Writers” with Nasim Marashi and Aliyeh Ataei
7 p.m. – 8 p.m.:
- Meeting with Annette Wieviorka and Sonia Devillers
- Reading French Comedy: Pierre-Louis Calixte reads Colette
- Meeting with Didier Eribon
SUNDAY JUNE 18
11 a.m. – 12 p.m.:
- Meeting with Lola Lafon
- Meeting with Marc Boutavant
- Meeting with Thirteen
12 p.m. – 1 p.m.:
- Meeting with Juan Gabriel Vásquez
- Meeting with Anna Colin Lebedev
- Meeting with Christian Olivier
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.:
- Meeting with Marie-Hélène Lafon
- “Russia from Pushkin to Putin” with Iegor Gran and André Markowicz
- Meeting with Christophe Boltanski
3 p.m. – 4 p.m.:
- Christophe Honoré and his guests
- Meeting with Chantal Thomas
- “Literature and news items” with Monica Sabolo, Philippe Jaenada and Grégoire Bouillier
4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.:
- Meeting with Barbara Carlotti
- Meeting with Deborah Levy
- “Polar Conversation” with Hélène Couturier and Marin Ledun
6 p.m. – 7 p.m.:
- Reading French Comedy: Éric Génovèse reads Blaise Pascal
Literary Festival WORD for Words
June 17 and 18, from 11 a.m.
La Villette, 211 avenue Jean Jaures, 75019 Paris
Free registration on mot-pour-mots.fr