Paris Fashion Week: from recycling to latex, two young designers enter into matters



In the shelter of giants like Chanel or Louis Vuitton, two young designers based in Paris stood out, during the last days of fashion week, which ended on March 7, by their singular use of natural or recovered raw materials. .

For five years, the Swiss Kevin Germanier, 31, has made a name for himself by inventing a ready-to-wear half-couture for girls in flowers, half-silhouette of a video game, loaded with feathers, pearls, sequins , in multicolored creations that are not afraid of neon. ” This seasonhe said with his affable outspokenness, I wanted to show that I can also produce, beyond sauerkraut dresses, rational and effective products. »

Read also: At Paris Fashion Week, the nights are as beautiful as the days

A bit more streamlined, and in any case easier to market, the ensemble still continues to sparkle through clean cut jackets and coats (“my Swiss side! ») with cuffs and sleeves stamped with metallic beads, velvet leggings, tight bodysuits with holographic laces, denim on which crystals draw smile emojis, small heels with an initial logo.

To build this pop wardrobe, Kevin Germanier uses dormant stocks of Swarovski crystals, beautiful woolens recovered in China or cotton that frays, “left out by stuffed animal makers”. Artisanal, responsible and ambitious: “I hope to show through all this that I can have the shoulders for a big house”dares Kevin Germanier.

Snakeskin effect t-shirts

Arthur Avellano, also 31, had the task of closing this fashion week. This Toulouse graduate of the Atelier Chardon Savard has made latex his specialty since his debut in 2016. From this moving, sometimes noisy material, which he develops in collaboration with a research laboratory to make it ultra-resistant, hypoallergenic and machine washable. machine, he extracts a complete locker room. And natural. “The latex I use is 99% natural. The remaining 1% is for color pigments”explains the creator.


We find in this wardrobe evening dresses with bare shoulders or thin straps, obviously tight-fitting, belted trench coats, a puffer-style jacket, high-waisted pants or even a bomber-style jacket. Snakeskin-effect latex invites itself on short, long-sleeved T-shirts, while a 3D print effect on tight pants gives fullness to this flexible material. These perfectly made pieces will undoubtedly be found on the red carpets, Arthur Avellano, a regular in the genre, having already worked for actress Julia Fox or singer Katy Perry.

Read also: Paris Fashion Week: in clothing, it’s all about construction


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *